- Schedule Date: Usually December 17.
- Confirm with Venue Usually in Spring. Send Deposit, usually $1000 and tax certificate. Consider space, A/V equipment, Convenience
- Recruit Speaker: Confirm by September. Consider backups
- We provide for transportation, one night stay, 1 guest
- Suggestion 30-45 minute presentation. Determine A/V needs
- Nominating committee: New board members
- Silent Auction: Volunteer(s): Solicit donations. Auction descriptions.
- Dinner Menu: Volunteer(s): Coordinate with venue/caterer. Decide on price and times.
- Consider candidates for Wright Brothers Award. Do we have gifts?
- Schedule some planning meetings, checkpoints and dry-run
- Newsletter invitation. Confirm price, menu and schedule.
- Schedule Email invitations
- Update Website and Wild Apricot event
- Invite VIPs (donors, etc)
- Dinner Program: See examples from previous years. Print about 70.
Who do we want to thank? Optionally, compile a complete list of scholarship donors from Treasurer.
- Welcome Table: Volunteer(s): 2-Tables.
Optional: Aero Club items for sale, New member apps, newsletters
- Optional: Custom, pre-printed name badges.
- Supplies: Blank name badges, Attendance list, Member renewal list, Club Banners
- Prepare seating chart.
- Silent Auction: Volunteer(s): Confirm extra tables with venue. Perpare auction sheets to hand out. Auction numbers for bidders. Easels. Keep final bidder info for accounting.
- Table Favors: Volunteer(s): Optional
- Photographer: Volunteer
- Optional: Prepare video content for display and for Year-in-Review
- Raffle Ticket sales: Volunteer (Print tickets, Poster, Sell at Silent Auction).
- Confirm Speaker A/V Requirements.
- Confirm A/V equipment with events group at Desmond, connectors and mics (podium AND lavaliere).
- Gifts: President: For speaker and Wright Brothers Award
- Prepare Agenda: President: (See examples on Google Drive)
- Official biz meeting
- Voice vote new board members.
- Announce new Trustees, if appropriate (5-year terms).
- WB Award.
- President Remarks:
- Present WB Award
- Thank Guest Speaker
- Badges, Markers, Pens, Banner(s), Easels, Tape/Velcro
- Camera, A/V Cables, PayPal dongles
- Award Plaque and gifts, Silent Auction items and supplies, table favors
- Dinner Programs, Raffle sign and tickets
Post Dinner Accounting:
- Mark dinner and membership payments received by check as PAID in Wild Apricot.
- Mark $100 donations as PAID membership in Wild Apricot.